International Commission of Food Mycology
The commission is a COMCOF (Commissions, Committees and Federations) of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) and established in 1990.
The aims of the Commission are
- to improve and standardise methods for isolation, enumeration and identification of fungi in foods;
- to promote studies of the mycological ecology of foods and commodities;
- to interact with regulatory bodies, both national and international, concerning standards for mycological quality in foods and commodities;
- to support regional initiatives in this area. The Commission further aims to extend understanding of the principles and methodology of food mycology in the scientific community by publishing its findings, and by sponsoring meetings, specialist workshops, courses and sessions dealing with aspects of its work
The next ICFM workshop will be again in Freising from 3-5 June 2013. For more information and registration click here.
The 2013 Workshop of the International Commission on Food Mycology (ICFM) will be organized in Freising, Germany from 3. - 5. June 2013. As in 2010, the ICFM Workshop will be organized in the picturesque setting of the Freising Cathedral and the cozy surroundings of a traditional Bavarian city. The meeting is open to participants from academia and industries. Current research will be presented as oral or poster presentation. Deadline for registration and abstracts postponed until April 30 2013. Read more >>>
Courses and workshops
- Date and Location: October 7-11, 2013, CBS, Utrecht, The Netherlands - A course in fungal identification (in English) more information click here.